Butterflies

Butterflies and other insects ...

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Danaid Eggfly Two Males

Mornig I saw a huge butterfly, looking like Crow. I guess it was a female of Great Eggfly. I have seen this butterfly around few weeks back.

Today I spent only 15 minutes in the empty plot.

I saw two Danaid Eggfly Males (Hypolimnas misippus Linnaeus) today.

I saw Emigrant (Catopsilia pomona Fabricius) laying eggs on Cassia species. I will get the plant identified soon.

Common Grass Yellow (Eurema hecabe Linnaeus) was laying eggs on a small herb. I got a picture of the egg.

Other butterflies recorded were:
  • Tawny Coster (Acraea violae Fabricius)
  • Plain Tiger (Danaus chrysippus Linnaeus)
  • Blue Tiger (Tirumala limniace Cramer)
  • Unidentified Blues
The moth which attacked Centella asiatica in our office (I mentioned on 9th November 2004) imerged today. I need to take pictures and need to identify that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home