Butterflies

Butterflies and other insects ...

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Blue Pansy

Today again the same plot from 1:35pm to 2:10pm. The weather was clear and sunny. Wind was moderate. Butterfly activity was good.

I saw a Blue Pansy (Junonia orithya Linnaeus) for the first time in this area. It was sitting on the ground and getting disturbed by insects passing bye. It will fly and again sit on the ground near bye, I could get few photographs.

I saw one skipper (Hesperiidae member) which I could not identify. I have a photograph, which is not very good but will help in identification I guess. I will try to identify that during this long weekend with other Blues.

Other butterflies observed were:

  • Common Grass Yellow (Eurema hecabe Linnaeus)
  • Plain Tiger (Danaus chrysippus Linnaeus)
  • Emigrant (Catopsilia pomona Fabricius)
  • Tawny Coster (Acraea violae Fabricius)
  • Common Lime ()
  • Common Mormon ()
  • Common Cerulean ()
  • Danaid Eggfly (Hypolimnas misippus Linnaeus)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home