Butterflies

Butterflies and other insects ...

Friday, November 05, 2004

First Day

I have been thinking for many days to record the butterflies I watch every day. Today with this blog tool, I thought let me give a try.

Today at around 11am while going from one building to another I saw Indian Sunbeam (Curatis thetis (Drury)) male. The bright orange red color on UP was really nice.

Today I could move for about 20 minutes. The weather was cloudy and windy. It was raining a bit too.

I could get some snaps of Blues today. But I am very week in identifying Blues in the field, so will poet the list later. I will try to post pictures on the Blog soon.

I also saw a Robber-Fly (?) feeding on a Blue Butterfly. I need to find out scientific name of the fly.

The blues I saw in the afternoon, I tried identifying in the evening using Krushnamegh’s book. I feel I saw Dark Grass Blue (Zizeeria karsandra Moore) and Plains Cupid (Chilades pandava Horsfield) today afternoon. I was fortunate to get both UP and UN photographs of these butterflies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home