Butterflies

Butterflies and other insects ...

Sunday, November 14, 2004

Balcony Butterfly Watching

Today at around 2:30pm I was just standing in the balcony of my home. There is somewhat empty land behind my house and I was just watching butterflies in that. Due to the distance from the butterflies some of them I could not identify clearly.

I saw few Common Grass Yellow (Eurema hecabe Linnaeus) and two unidentified Blues.

There was a Emigrant (Catopsilia pomona Fabricius) on feeding on lantana. The color of this butterfly was yellow. It was nearing the color of a Common Grass Yellow (Eurema hecabe Linnaeus).

I saw a two Crimson Rose() and a Common Rose() flying arounf Lantana bushes. I also notices two Blue Tigers (Dark ?) (Tirumala limniace Cramer) and a Common Indian Crow (Euploea core Crammer) flying somewhat East to West direction. But I just saw 3 of these in half an hour, so may not be migration.

Other butterflies observer were:

  • Plain Tiger (Danaus chrysippus Linnaeus)
  • Common Lime ()
  • Common Gull / Pioneer - Could not distingwish from the distance

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home